Custom Web Design for Arts
Custom Web Design: Helping You Showcase Your Art
You have a creative mind. A unique vision. You want to share your art with the world. Whether you are a photographer, a painter, a writer, or any other creative entrepreneur, having a place to showcase your art is important. At Proweaver, we can build a custom web design for arts. Having a website is an effective way to showcase your talent; market your work; sell artwork, services, or products; and build a brand.
Why a Custom Website is Important for Artists
It used to be that great art was discovered by galleries and museums; exceptional photographs published in magazines; written manuscripts selected by publishers. However, with the rise of the Internet, great content can now be discovered online. The World Wide Web removes the barrier between the artist and the masses. If you establish an online presence – and your art can be found, shared, liked, or pinned – you can achieve a high level of recognition. After all, a single blog post or image can receive thousands and even mills of views in just a short amount of time. What’s more, it can be seen by people from around the world – attracting prospective clients, fans, and admirers on a global scale.
If you are a photographer, artist, or any other creative entrepreneur, we encourage you to harness the power of the Internet and consider a custom web design as soon as possible.
Why Social Media is Not Enough
Presently, there are many social media platforms where you can share your artwork and other content. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, DeviantArt, Tumblr, Etsy, Flickr, and others may be helpful in promoting your work and meeting prospective clients, however, they are not enough. They cannot replace the value that a customized website can bring, instead, these social media platforms should just complement your main site.
Here are some benefits that you can gain with a custom website:
- You have total control over the appearance of your website. As an artist, you surely understand the importance of aesthetics. Having a custom website doesn’t just allow you to showcase your work, it allows you to showcase your style and individuality as an artist as well. This cannot be achieved with a standard page on a free site or using a template that is similar to other businesses. With a custom web design, you can select the theme, design, images, and customize it however you like.
- Your art becomes the focus. If you only post your work on social media platforms, you will have to compete with dozens of other works as well. Prospective buyers can be easily distracted by other items showing up on their social feed. If you want your art to become the focus, having your own website gives you the platform to showcase your art, and your art alone.
- You can get an awesome website name. Having an awesome website name is one of the starting points for establishing your brand. It helps you make your mark on the market. It can put your name out there. Domain names are pretty affordable and for just a few dollars per year, you can show your prospective clients that you are a true professional worth investing in.
- Your site will be geared towards search engine optimization. What’s the use of having a beautiful website if no one sees it? At Proweaver, our web designers aren’t just good at building websites – they can make sure that your website is optimized so that it ranks highly in Google as well. With the right keywords and meta-data, we will ensure that your website is easy-to-find and that it does well in search rankings. With our help, we will make sure that your site and your art are visible to your intended audience.
- You can control how you make money from your website. If you want to handle the financial aspects of promoting and selling your art, having your own website allows you to do that. You can sell your artwork, services, or products directly from your site. You can even add advertising, recommend affiliate products, seek sponsors, or simply focus on building your brand and popularity. Free website builders and social media platforms usually place other advertisements directly alongside your work. Some free platforms even plaster their own branding all over the site, attempting to direct your visitors back to them. If you have your own website, generating and monitoring your income becomes much easier. For instance, if you want to sell your artwork online, you can simply add the item to your site and add a “buy now” button beside the work. Alternatively, you can choose to have shopping carts or other commercial features added to your custom website.
Why You Need a Website Soon
Are you serious about succeeding? If you are, you must establish a website as soon as possible. Here’s why:
- Website names are limited. The longer you wait, the bigger the probability that your preferred domain name is no longer available. Remember, having a good domain name is one of the first steps towards establishing your brand so make sure to purchase one at the soonest time possible.
- Older websites can rank higher in search rankings. While search engine optimization (SEO) can improve your search rankings, the age of your website can influence where your website appears in search engines as well. Remember, the higher you rank, the more visitors your website can receive. So, the sooner that you have a website, the sooner you can begin to establish your website’s authority with Google.
So, if you are looking for custom web design for arts, know that Proweaver is here to help! With your creative vision and our technical expertise, we can collaborate and build a custom web design that will highlight your art!