How to Increase the Relevance of Web Site Contents to Specific Keywords in the Search Engine
At Proweaver, we have listed down these ways in which you can increase the relevance of your website contents, and to boost your ranking in the search engine:
- Understand user intent for specific keywords. Identify the intent of users when searching for specific keywords. This is called “Keyword Intent”. Basically, every user who are searching for something can be broken down into three categories:
- Navigating users. These are users who are “going somewhere” or for a specific website.
- Information seeking users. These are users who are looking for specific information. These users are typically looking for solutions to their questions.
- Transactional users. These are users who are looking to purchase.
Note that as you create your keywords through analysis and research, you must always keep the user’s intent in mind. This way, you can truly understand what your users want and you can then create relevant content for them.
- Publish significant content. There truly is no substitute for excellent content, and it is definitely the top driver of your search engine ranking. Once you create content specifically tailored to your intended audience, your site traffic and relevance will surely increase. When publishing significant content on your website, here are some things for you to keep in mind:
- Use a keyword phrase for every page. Put yourself in the shoes of your customers. Think about how they might search for a specific page. For instance, they may use phrases like, “top custom web design provider” or “best social media marketing techniques”. Once you have identified a specific keyword phrase, use it numerous times on your page.
- Make your website easy to navigate. Make sure that your website design is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Emphasize your points. Don’t forget to use italics, heading tags, bold, and other ways to emphasize your keyword phrases. Highlight them and make sure that your users take notice. Conversely, make sure that you don’t overdo it.
- Maintain quality writing. SEO might be important, but never sacrifice quality writing and content. Remember, the pages that you are writing are intended for the user and not for the search engine.
- Regularly update your content. One top indicator of a site’s relevancy is its regularly updated contents. This holds true for search engines too. So, make sure to regularly update your website with fresh content, rich with relevant keywords regarding your business.
- Keyword usage and density. Keyword usage and density in your website contents is vital since it shows relevance to the keyword. Make sure that your keywords naturally appear on your web site. Note that Natural Phrasing is highly significant because Google is able to detect spamming. Once spam is detected, it can ban your website completely. So, make sure to naturally phrase your keyword and be careful of using it repeatedly.
- Metadata. Upon designing your website, you should know that each page has a space between the tags wherein metadata is inserted. Basically, metadata contains information about your page contents. Here are some relevant information that you should know about metadata:
- Title Metadata. The title metadata is the most vital metadata on your page. After all, this is responsible for the page titles that are displayed on top of the browser window.
- Description Metadata. In your page search return, the description metadata is the textual description that a browser uses. Basically, imagine of it as your website’s display window – it is an appealing and brief description of what is contained within your actual website, and its goal is for people to enter it.
- Keyword Metadata. These are the search phrases that users typically type when they are looking for a specific page.
These are just some tips to increase the relevance of your website contents and to make it better for your users. These tips from Proweaver will also help increase your visibility in searches, so make sure to consider them carefully!