Boost your business’ online presence, and let more people find you. Why should you do this? Well, your business success is on the line. Have you completely come up with a digital marketing strategy, yet? You should really get your mind on it as quickly as possible if you don’t want your business to be left behind in the industry.
What is digital marketing, anyway?
Digital marketing is simply a type of marketing that utilizes available digital channels such, as social media, website, and search engines to introduce and promote your business’ products and services to customers. Examples of social media channels are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube and search engines are Google and Bing. Surely, you are familiar or maybe even using these channels daily.
Before going further, make certain that your website is highly functional and was built with custom web design. It should also represent your business online.
How to start with digital marketing for your business? The steps would include:
- Know your customers. Know their location, age, relevant problems, and interests.
- Create realistic digital marketing goals and define them.
- Find effective digital marketing tools in line with your goals.
- Identify and assess your digital marketing channels.
As you completely set up your digital marketing plans and goals, it’s time to inject these 10 best practices and strategies to have an effective digital marketing:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Surely, you have used Google search many times. Can you recall an instance that you turned on to the second page? Personally, I don’t go beyond the first page of search results. A lot of people would most likely do the same. Therefore, you have to make sure that your website will be displayed on the first page or even rank first as much as possible. This is where SEO comes in.
SEO is a digital marketing practice that allows a website to rank higher in search engine results. Thereafter, generate free/organic traffic to your website.
There are different SEO approaches that are commonly used: on page, off page, and local SEO.
Works by optimizing the individual pages of your website to rank high in search engine results pages (SERP).
Involves activities done outside your website by presenting to customers the real deal about your products and services. Therefore, it’s an indirect method to drive traffic.
Lastly, how does local SEO work? Even though your organic SEO is to conquer the SERP ranking, optimizing a business for local marketing can also contribute a lot to your success. You have to promote your business to your local audience, and you have to appear attractive. How? Your business should be one of the top three businesses that is shown in the Google local pack. This will give a good impression to the users, which usually leads to website visits and then purchase.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social media is one of the most used digital platforms nowadays. A data presented by HubSpot show that around one-third of the world population uses social media on a regular basis.
So, why should you not use social media to market your business? It’s an all-in-one channel to let more people know about your brand. It also drives traffic, increases interest from potential clients, and increases audience engagement. You can choose among popular social media platforms or just use them all including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
To begin with, you have to know these social media marketing strategies:
- As you set up your social media profile across different social media platforms, provide a complete bio with company name, relevant keywords and contact information, and add your website URL.
- Post catchy and quality contents.
- Know the perfect time to post.
- Create an interactive social media community by encouraging users to share their opinions through comments and guiding them to take action such as to like and share your post.
- Know what type of contents to post.
- Connect with social media influencers.
An Efficient Website
One important key towards your digital marketing success is to have a user-friendly, well-organized, and professional website. You should really opt for a custom web design and seek help from professional web developers. It comes with multiple advantages, such as:
- A design that uniquely goes well with your brand and business goals.
- Your website can be easily optimized for search engines.
- A user-friendly website that doesn’t drive visitors away because it can be easily navigated.
- A strong and reliable web security.
Digital Content Marketing
Words are more powerful than you think. Hence, content is an important element of an effective digital content marketing strategy. It involves creating quality contents and distribute them accordingly to reach a wider online audience who re potential customers and eventually turn them into leads. Content can be in the form of blog articles, email newsletters, press releases, social media posts, infographics, white papers, etc.
Here are some necessary factors that a content for your digital marketing should have:
- Contents should be written with customers in mind. It should be something that informs, educates, or helps them live conveniently.
- Your content should be engaging.
- Contents should have a strong research foundation.
- It distributes relevant keywords smoothly.
- Don’t forget the CTA (call-to-action).
Clearly, email marketing involves sending emails to promote your business’ products or services. You have to do it as effectively as you can, to turn prospects into potential customers, then into buyers and loyal clients. Your email may contain exclusive offers, discounts and sales, introduce a new blog post or newsletter, surveys, or important announcements.
There are things you have to do first to use email marketing efficiently:
- Optimize an option in your website that will prompt visitors to get email subscriptions from you.
- Create a list of visitors you’ll be sending your marketing emails to.
- Create an email marketing plan to make sure that you’ll not bombard them with nonsense emails.
Positive Online Reviews and Client Testimonials
Have you tried online shopping? Most people actually find it more convenient to use a service or purchase a product online than to visit a physical store. It saves them time and energy. Well, I do love buying shoes from online sellers, and I strongly rely from what their previous customers say about them through their reviews.
Let’s say that you have a well-organized online marketing strategy, and your contents just easily lure potential customers in. But what do you think will happen if they can find a bad review? Clearly, it can influence their buying decision, and they might think twice about using your business.
It is quite common for businesses to have one or two bad reviews. It can’t be helped. Is there something you can do about it? There are various tools right now that filter your business reviews across review portals. They display your good reviews while direct bad reviews somewhere else where customers can’ see it.
You need to work hard to catch the audience’s attention with an all-text marketing campaign. With video marketing, you can easily do it. Well, people sometimes are too lazy to read, and they just want illustrations for easy comprehension. What more with moving pictures?
There are multiple ways to promote your business through video marketing. You can create videos of events your company is participating in, an informative video about your mission, vision, and services, testimonial videos from customers, etc.
Here are some tips in creating a marketing-wise video:
- Begin with a catchy introduction.
- Choose a catchy thumbnail.
- Create a stirring title.
- Do a storytelling that appeal to the audience’s concerns and interests.
- Avoid over promoting your product or service.
- Make sure the video format is mobile-friendly.
- Don’t forget to include your website URL in the video.
- Inject appropriate yet entertaining background music.
- Create a short video as much as possible to avoid boring your audience.
- Maintain professionalism all throughout the video in all your videos.
- Always put a CTA.
Just remember that your videos should be simple yet eye-catching, professional and in high-quality format.
You can always bring back potential customers who were not successfully converted into buyers. Keep track of their activities online, and use it to determine which online sites they usually visit. Then, display your ads there to remind them about your business. You can also optimize new ads on your website that appeals to the best of their interest.
Remarketing is a great method to improve brand awareness, increase conversions, and continue connection and engagement with your potential customers.
Marketing automation is a software support that makes your digital marketing tasks easier and more efficient. This is mostly useful for repetitive marketing actions, such as posting social media contents and sending emails to a particular email list. It also helps businesses manage their digital marketing campaigns well. Just a reminder, it does not perform lead generation activities.
Here are some points to remember when establishing your marketing automation:
- Use real numbers when presenting your goals.
- Make a clear demonstration of your marketing automation plan.
- Prepare an analytics that will track the performance of your marketing automation strategies.
Keep Track of Your Digital Marketing Progress
It is very crucial for a business to have a systematic digital marketing tracker to have a guide of what to do and what not to do next.
You can use a particular tool to assess your digital marketing success. It is to identify the efficiency of your strategies. If you’re doing well, you can continue with your existing campaigns and just find more ways to leverage it. If not, maybe you should redefine your campaigns.
The digital marketing success of your business is within your reach and has always been. It may be a little challenging in the beginning, but you’ll get the hang of it as time goes by.
Why do you need digital marketing strategies again? The following reasons will remind you:
- It gives your business a sense of direction when it comes to realizing your online goals.
- You need to get ahead of your competitors who are also making the most out of the digital world.
- A lot of people are using the internet for various purposes and you have to redefine your target market to directly present your business to potential customers.
- You have a website, but you still need to optimize it to generate sales.
Give your digital marketing strategy a strong pillar first. Build a systematic website structure that will allow easy connection with search engines and is designed with easy navigation across different devices. You need a custom web design, and you need experts to do it.
Proweaver prides itself with 13 years of experience in helping businesses and professionals achieve the online success they desire. We specialize in providing custom web design in line with a business’ unique brand and digital marketing goals. We will create a website that will gain trust from your visitors and promotes interactive engagement.
Looking for a pro to build your professional website? Contact us at 949-864-6021.