The holidays are just around the corner. From Black Friday sales to Christmas shopping, many businesses are gearing up to capitalize on the holiday merriment.
Because of the pandemic, not a lot of people are allowed to go outside and pick a present to buy for their loved ones. Instead, they will turn to e-commerce websites or apps where they don’t have to expose themselves to the dangers of the virus.
How the Pandemic Has Affected Customer Mindset for Purchases
However, according to BigCommerce, businesses have to keep these key factors in mind:
- Customer behaviors have significantly shifted during the pandemic and their expectations have increased
- Gen-Z and millennial shoppers, who continue to rise into more purchasing power, are more focused on sustainability and transparency
- With the digital transformation of the e-commerce industry due to the pandemic, immersive technologies like voice shopping and
- AI-influenced browsing are now crucial in ensuring greater customer experience
So how can your online store stand above the rest? Creating your own online store is not enough to get sufficient revenue for your business. You need to come up with online marketing strategies that help increase your website’s traffic and generate sales.
How You Can Increase Revenue During the Holidays with Your E-Commerce Website?
Personalize Your Shopper’s Experience
This is one of the biggest factors you have to consider to attract more customers. Website personalization refers to building a customized website experience for every customer. It’s different from the usual one-size-fits-all website as it takes into consideration the visitor’s characteristics providing a more unique experience.
What are the benefits of having a more personalized website experience?
- You’ll have a better understanding of your customers and their behavior.
- It will improve customer loyalty.
- Your landing pages will have increased conversion rates.
- Your customers will have more relevant product recommendations.
- Your customers will spend more time on your site, which decreases your bounce rate.
So how can you personalize your website experience during the holiday season? Here are a few suggestions you incorporate on your site:
- Identify your market’s needs during the holiday and prepare a marketing strategy around them.
- Use analytics tools to receive a comprehensive report about your visitor’s behavior on the site. With this, you will know the most visited product pages, what they usually search on your site, and how long they usually stay on a particular category page. This will help in knowing what kind of offers your customers are interested in.
- Have a clear call-to-action (CTA) button and be considerate to mobile users.
By personalizing your website experience, you can engage with your customers throughout their buying journey, from product research to purchase. This comes with thorough research about your customer. Not only does this increase your revenue, but it also improves your customer satisfaction.
Make Holiday Offers and Promotions Easier to Access on Your Site
If you’re having a holiday sale, you need to make it easier for your customers to find the products that you’re promoting.
You can do this by placing clickable banners on the homepage to guide them to the page where the products are being showcased. As much as possible, these should stand out on the page; making it one of the first things the customer sees when they visit your website.
You can even add additional imagery on other pages that promote your holiday sale.
Offer More Discounts or Perks
When it comes to the holiday season, your target market is likely expecting discounts and perks they can get their hands on.
Discounts and perks during the holidays are a great way to drive more sales. It’s also one of the most common selling points for any store during the season.
Like physical stores, your e-commerce website can showcase items on sale to drive in more conversions and increase your revenue. Other perks you can add with your holiday promotions include free shipping and even cashback offers for their future purchases.
Your discounts and perks not only lure in your already existing customers but it adds in new customers, as well. If you’re new to offering discounts to your e-commerce website, then study customer behavior during seasonal sales to determine what promotional strategies best suit your business.
Create a Sense of Urgency
You can market the holiday rush by making limited time offers, forcing the consumer to act on their purchase immediately. This strategy triggers the consumer’s fear-of-missing-out (FOMO) ─ and scarcity marketing boosts sales.
Having this sense of urgency with a limited time-frame in lowering the prices of your product can help in improving your brand’s visibility. However, despite being a solution to make the purchase, you should still use this promotional tactic with caution.
Here are some of the ways you can maximize your limited-time deals and acquire sales:
- Promote your limited-time sale through a well-timed popup. Should you have a time-bound promotional campaign, every second your visitor spends on your website is valuable. Hence, you should design a popup that will immediately catch the visitor’s attention and offer the benefits of the promotion.
- Convert visitors who are about to exit your site with a popup.
- Design urgency-drive popups that are eye-catching and enticing to the visitor. You can even add a timer to your popup to increase the urgency.
- Add time limits below your discounted products to show customers how much time they have left should they want to grab the deal.
Bundle Your Offers to Get More Customers
Offering your discounted products in bundles can also attract consumers and boost sales. During the holiday season, you’ve probably noticed that supermarkets or other shops sell items in bundles to entice customers to purchase them as it gives them the idea that they are getting value for their money.
Other than that, there are numerous benefits for product bundling during the holiday season, such as:
- When you bundle products and services with the customer’s needs in mind, it can improve the customer experience.
- You can relieve consumers from the pressure of decision-making.
- When you incorporate customized bundling in your promotion, this will enhance customer confidence and increase the likelihood of a purchase. Not only that, but it also increases your return business rates as your customers are likely to return when they know a business understands their needs.
- This an opportunity for you to know which products or services work and which do not, so you can adjust it to fit the customer’s needs.
- When you bundle your products for sale, it increases your average order value. This strategy increases your total revenue by boosting the amount spent on each transaction.
- It speeds up your inventory clearance.
You need to be smart when bundling your products. Research more about your buyer and determine what products would work well together. You can also bundle less popular items with popular items at a discounted price.
Increase Your Promotions for the Holidays
Holidays are the time when people are looking to shop more than anytime of the year. That’s why as an e-commerce site, you need to amp up your promotions through social media and email marketing.
So what’s an effective way to promote your e-commerce website through social media and email marketing during the holidays?
- Create holiday-themed designs for your social media avatars and banners to promote your sales.
- Curate holiday-based content that will appeal to your customers.
- Make sure to plan ahead how you’re going to promote your deals in a way that will appeal to your target market. Know that promotions for emails and social media should be planned out differently as content strategies may differ for both.
- Invest in running paid ads for your holiday campaign. PPC costs will increase during this time of the year as demands increase. However, it boosts your brand visibility and helps get you the traffic you need. Make sure to plan out the set cost for your PPC ads.
- Give your target market a sneak preview of your sales and new products a few weeks before the sale.
The holiday season is your opportunity to boost your revenue by planning out an effective online marketing strategy and optimizing your website. This is also a great way to appeal to your existing and potential customers and establish their trust, ultimately nurturing brand loyalty.
How Proweaver Can Help You
Are you planning to sell your products online? When you work with Proweaver, we can help create a customized e-commerce website that will allow you to showcase your products. We have a team of professional web designers and developers who are skilled in creating user-friendly, responsive e-commerce websites that will cater to your target market.
From website maintenance to campaign promotions, you’ll get all you need to boost your online visibility and revenue when you partner with us today!
Get in touch with us at +1 (866) 777-8315 to know more about our services.